What are you doing?
Once a week we get together at one of our houses and tackle a project together. We brainstorm, research, build – and we always eat lunch. Once a month we plan to donate our time to a neighbor.
We work together well, although our personalities differ. To describe our personalities using the glass half full/empty metaphor:
Monica’s glass is always full. She’ll find a way to fill any glass you put in front of her even if it isn’t hers. Mary Jean is usually looking for her glass. Once she finds it, she fills it up with good ideas and good questions like, “How long will it take? Is there a better way to do it? Can we do it for less? Can I carry that big, huge box of really heavy glasses cause I’m really strong?” Heidi wonders if hers has to be a glass at all. She wants a mason jar, an old can or that cool ceramic tub she found on the side of the road marked, FREE!
Why are you doing this?
- We want to get together – but we’re busy! We’ve got things to do – painting, caulking, gardening, building, cleaning. So, we thought, why not do those things as a group (brilliance!)
- Honestly, better ideas and better design come from working together, plus we nudge each other forward with those projects that are daunting and delayed.
- We get to make big messes at our friend’s houses.
- We get so much done. I mean, SO much done.
- We try things we would never dare on our own.
No, WHAT EXACTLY, Are You Doing?
- Painting all kinds of stuff: fireplaces, light fixtures, grills, walls, cabinets, furniture
- Building decks, railings, and patios
- Eating great lunches
- Millwork/ Interior trim
- Making recycled art
- Designing spaces, finishes, and functional pieces of art
- Updating a Kitchen
- Sawing up an old table and painting chairs
- Making light fixtures
- Caulking… a lot!
- Eating more great lunches
- Figuring out how to get what we design within a reasonable budget
Why are you blogging about it?
We think we have something going that is pretty good. Constructively creative women getting stuff done. We’d like to share our experiences in hopes of encouraging others out there to do the same. We’d love to hear what projects you are tackling.
How long can you keep this going?
As long as it remains fun we’ll post something a couple times a week, but not on weekends. We do have lives, you know. Sign up for email notices so you don’t miss any. Click the “like” Facebook icon if you like us – share the love!